~Weapon Icon Display~
I don’t know of any use of this in a game or something, but I saw it in GunGame and thought it was cool, so I opened it up, found that it was mostly just related code and really couldn’t just take the 1 function that does it and put it into another file.
So, I just pretty much made this from scratch.
amx_show_weapon_icon – Show the icon?
amx_weapon_icon – Command toggle wrapper for amx_show_weapon_icon
- MUST COMPILE USING AMX MOD X STUDIO!!!
- Gernade sprites are scewing up – flashbang is showing part of HE, Smoke is HE gernade, sigh…
- SAMURAI16 – For his awsome User Icon Status tutorial
- XxAvalanchexX – For writing GunGame which gave me this idea
- pizzahut – use CurWeapon event instead of PlayerPreThink
- Deviance – use get_players()
- Move the icon next to the time remaining (like in GunGame) – Maybe, maybe not. You can not change the color of the icon when it’s next to the time display [ATTEMPTING]
- Add support for other mods/special weapons (like a rocket launcher or jetpack) [UNKNOWN]
I put this mod as Counter Strike only as I don’t know if the weapon icons/id’s are the same between most of the mods. CZ, maybe, but I have not tested it yet.
Due to how the plugin ensures that each user has his/her own icon and keeps status of each one seperatly, players may experience a momentary delay of 1-3 secs before the icon changes to reflect their current weapon. The more players, the more likely and longer this effect. This may also happen with a rapid change of guns (ie picking up/dropping until finding desired one on an fy_ map)